Join now - be part of our community!

My Xperia Theft Protection not recognising Google account

rosamundi1
Visitor

My Xperia Theft Protection not recognising Google account

Hi

On Saturday evening I logged into Google on the web and it asked me if I wanted to change my email address to .gmail.com from .googlemail.com, so I did.

This triggered the My Xperia Theft Protection on my Z4 tablet and I cannot get round it. I've waited 72 hours, as I saw that was sometimes a problem but MXTP is still saying "username/password not recognised." I know it's the right username (I've tried both the googlemail.com and gmail.com versions) as the two-stage authentication pops up on my phone but MXTP is still not recognising it.

Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Try disabling the two stage authentication in Google security settings.
Also, temporarily, allow access to untrusted devices until you get past the MXTP
Z4Problem
Visitor

Is this problem solved by any chance? I dont know what to do.

rebski2
Visitor

Frankly I am dreading this happening to me, I have no idea how to overcome it. 

While i still have the opportunity, does anyone know how to disable this wretched Sony intrusion? In my opinion it is quite stupid in its implementation and a total PITA. This is my tablet and I don't want this foisted on me. 

Please, does anyone know how to get rid of it? 

Esaias
Visitor

I got this same prpblem yesterday and now and google account is not accepted anymore. Does anyone know how long it will take that sony will know that password has changed for user ?

Esaias
Visitor

Fixed, I was able to create new google account with exactly same e-mail and password I had before and now I can unlock my tablet !

JFLu
Visitor

To clarify: is it now possible to change the User-Adress of the linked Google-Account?

Or was the only solution to the aforementioned problems to re-rename the Google-Account as it was before?