Join now - be part of our community!

PHOTOS STORED ON SONY Z2 COMPACT TABLET NEED TRANSFERRING TO PC

SOLVED
Outhousemouse
Visitor

PHOTOS STORED ON SONY Z2 COMPACT TABLET NEED TRANSFERRING TO PC

Hi.
My tablet memory is full with photos which I want to transfer to my PC to free up space.
I have connrected my tablet to my PC and followed instructions: 
1.   Connect Tablet to PC with USB cable.
2.  Find Xperia Z3 Tablet icon on left hand side.
3.  Click on internal storage.
4.  Open DCIM folder.
5.  Open subfolders 100ADRO or CAMERA files were the photos are located.
6.  Copy to PC and delete images of Sony Tablet.
However, both 100ADRO and CAMERA files were empty but did find loads in .thumbnails folder which is copied to my PC and the deleted.
However, I check my ALBUMS app and I have still have hundreds of pictures on my Sony and the memory shown full.  
Any idea where these pictures are located so I can delete them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lina
Visitor

Hello @Outhousemouse, welcome to the forum! Slightly_smiling_Face

Do you have a memory card in your tablet right now? Photos are often stored on a memory card if there is one available. I suggest that you find a image in your tablets album application and tap it so it's full screen. Lightly tap it again and three dots will appear at the bottom, next to the trashcan icon. Tap those and find Details, and then look for the File Path. Here you will see where in the tablet the picture is stored.

For example, pictures you received by mail isn't stored in 100ANDRO, since that is the folder for pictures taken by the camera in your tablet, and have their own file path. 

Let me know how it goes, and have a nice day!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lina
Visitor

Hello @Outhousemouse, welcome to the forum! Slightly_smiling_Face

Do you have a memory card in your tablet right now? Photos are often stored on a memory card if there is one available. I suggest that you find a image in your tablets album application and tap it so it's full screen. Lightly tap it again and three dots will appear at the bottom, next to the trashcan icon. Tap those and find Details, and then look for the File Path. Here you will see where in the tablet the picture is stored.

For example, pictures you received by mail isn't stored in 100ANDRO, since that is the folder for pictures taken by the camera in your tablet, and have their own file path. 

Let me know how it goes, and have a nice day!

Outhousemouse
Visitor

Thanks Lina
The three dots was the key.
Once you pointed me in the right direction I was able to sort out the problem.
Robert

Lina
Visitor

I'm so happy I could help you, @Outhousemouse ! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with, and have a nice day!