Join now - be part of our community!

Software information not available - Not able to perform any check for update

Software information not available - Not able to perform any check for update

Hi everyone, 

I just bought a Sony Tablet Z4 Tablet but unfortunately when I try to check for software update it fails because of the software information is not available. 

When I try to enter the IMEI number to check which is my current software, its says no information available. 

I've got the same problem with Xperia Companion as its doesn't says if my device is up to date as the softwarre information is not available. 

Same problem with Settings->About Tablet -> Diagnostics. 

On the other hand, I have a Sony Xperia Z3 and the software information works fine. 

What sould I do to be able to see my current software information and check for update? Is my registered IMEI number's wrong?

Thanks for your support 

4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

@YBX wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I just bought a Sony Tablet Z4 Tablet but unfortunately when I try to check for software update it fails because of the software information is not available. 

When I try to enter the IMEI number to check which is my current software, its says no information available. 

I've got the same problem with Xperia Companion as its doesn't says if my device is up to date as the softwarre information is not available. 

Same problem with Settings->About Tablet -> Diagnostics. 

On the other hand, I have a Sony Xperia Z3 and the software information works fine. 

What sould I do to be able to see my current software information and check for update? Is my registered IMEI number's wrong?

Thanks for your support 

I offer you to connect to Technical Support Slightly_smiling_Face

Igor723
Visitor

Same Issue... Any updates regarding this problem?

SHeila309
Visitor

Uninstall and resinstall Sony PC Companion.

KostasAng
Visitor

I have the same problem here, i had trouble with my previous Z4 volume down button and Sony changed the whole internal of my device to fix the problem, as a result my "new" device has a differrent IMEI number that gives "the information not available" message when i check for software update. Xperia companion wont and reinstalling it wont fix the problem. When i use the old IMEI in the update checker in this website i get my old divice's information correctly. Is there  a solution?