Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet Z does not detect charger and does not charge

pbhardwaj
Visitor

Tablet Z does not detect charger and does not charge

I have a new Xperia Tablet Z SGP321 (with 4.4.2 software) purchased only a month ago. It was working fine and charging till this morning. Now suddenly it won't charge and won't detect the original Sony charger. I have confirmed that the USB charger is fine as it is able to charge my Xperia Z2 phone. Other functions seem to be working fine but the battery is now empty. Please advise what I shall do. Is this a problem others have experienced too?

5 REPLIES 5
Samuel1
Hero

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Have you tried charging the tablet with the charger for your Xperia Z2? If not, you could give it a try to see if the problem i isolated to the tablet.

Erling
Visitor

I have the exact same problem. SGP321 with 4.4.2. Suddenly stopped charging.

I've left it charging for a few days, reset it, tried other chargers. Nothing works.

tesco
Visitor

Same problem for me, phone will not charge. tried different charger, bought a new micro data cable, phoned the support number (0870 5237237) repair under warrenty but this option is dead, sent two online requests over the last 4 days but still no answer. Also the snap cover over the charging port has broken off so need to send it back for repair. I will never buy another product from Sony Mobile again. If i had bought from PC World I could have just taken it back to them.

drgorb
Visitor

What worked for me was to plug it into a wall socket and press the power button and the volume up button together for 15 seconds. The tablet then started charging.

Cilipad
Visitor

My tablet showed zero % charging even when power on. I followed your method and it works. Hooray it's charging