Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia voice answer phone not working on incoming SIP / VOIP calls

Dave74
Visitor

Xperia voice answer phone not working on incoming SIP / VOIP calls

Was wondering if anyone else has this problem?  SIP calls work perfectly incoming and outgoing, but can't get Xperia answer phone to work with it.

Have a wifi / 4g Z4. Use with an O2 data sim, so can use data, send / receive text messages etc, but whilst device supports carrier based calls, it is not enabled on the data only sim.  The best way around this is to programme in a SIP account - this allows incoming and outgoing calls direct through the phone dialler , without using an app.  The SIP provider doesn't have a normal voicemail setup, so switched on the device based Xperia answer phone, after activating allow incoming SIP calls. 

Only thing is, the Xperia answer phone never answers or kicks in....no matter how I tinker with the settings!  I cannot test to see if it works with normal cellular incoming calls, as my sim doesn't support voice calls. 

Emailing Xperia support, asking them if it should work on SIP calls they suggest total reset, but did not confirm whether or not it supports answering SIP calls (and am unsure if they even understand what I'm asking!). I don't want to wipe my tablet so thought I'd ask on here. 

Not many people bother programming in SIP directly, and would probably just use Skype.  If you do however, please let me know. 

Thanks 

0 REPLIES 0