Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia z2 Tablet Wont turn on or charge!!! Help!!

s-Centurion
Visitor

Xperia z2 Tablet Wont turn on or charge!!! Help!!

Iam having a xperia z2 tablet wifi version and the problem is after the battery drained it wont turn on or charge not even led works

what i did to fix the problem:

Update from 4.4 to 5.1 lollipop

Reinstalled software via pc companion

did alot of tricks with the vollume buttons and reset button under de micro sd flap

first time this happened i could fix it with these tricks couple of weeks later it happened again did the same and that worked but the third time all the tricks didnt work anymore so i tried updating the device to 5.1 lollipop and reinstalling the software it worked for half a month and then it happened again for now its still dead and doesnt do anything anymore no signs of life

Please dont comment about sending it to sony i already called them and they didnt gave me solutions but just a woman that clearly doesnt know anything about electronics and gave me the dumbest advice ever: send it to us

whats a stupid advice becouse its already too old my warranty is already over and i dont wanna wait for them to send it back

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@s-Centurion

If you drain your battery completely it will take sometime until it starts to charge back, especially if it is an old one. Put your tablet on a wall charger for 2-3 hours then try to start it again.

Note: The lady's advice is not as dumb as you thought, if it was a hardware issue neither you nor us could do anything about it. And the only choices you'll have then is sending it to them or keep a dead tablet.

s-Centurion
Visitor

i left the tablet for 3 days on the charger checked everytime if it gave sign of life and nothing so no that solution didnt helped

and no iam not gonna send it to them it takes too much time and i never get it back already send my xperia e4 phone to them

and still not getting my e4 back so i hope i can find a solution to fix it myself and if theres no solution then i will see maybe it work sometimes and maybe not but iam just  never gonna buy any sony products ever in my life becouse of sony's bad service

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@s-Centurion

It's almost 2 years old tablet, and from your post I can safely suggest that your battery might be dead. May be you can try to find a 3rd party repair shop to help you fix your tablet, nothing more we can help you from our side here.

lucky9966
Visitor

where can I buy a new charger for my Z2 tablet?