Join now - be part of our community!

Z3 Compact Tablet won't charge beyond 1% / won't charge when on

OuterYacht
Visitor

Z3 Compact Tablet won't charge beyond 1% / won't charge when on

When my tablet is at 0% and off, it charges up until the screen powers on to the powered off charging screen. Once it hits 1% here, it stops charging. When I turn it on at 1%, the red light that indicates charging comes on for a couple of seconds when the screen is off, before stopping when the screen turns back on.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @OuterYacht,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly_frowning_Face

There are a few things you can try to see if you can get your device to charge, try these tips one after the other checking after each one if there is any change.

• Charge your device for 30 minutes using a Sony original charger plugged in to a wall socket.
  • Make sure that the charger port is free from lint, dust and moisture. A blocked port can prevent the USB connector from fitting properly, and therefore prevent charging. Ensure that the USB port is completely dry, and gently remove any lint or dust using, for example, a wooden or plastic toothpick or a toothbrush.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from your Xperia device and then plug the cable into the micro USB port on the device again. Make sure that the charger cable is properly attached to the Micro USB port on your device, with no obstruction such as a protective case. Check that the charger is properly plugged into a wall socket with an active power source.
  • Force reset your device. You can do this by opening the SIM or Memory card cover. Then, using the tip of a pen or a similar object, press and hold the OFF button for 120 seconds, ignoring any vibrations, and then release the OFF button. Charge your device until a charging icon appears on your screen before trying to turn your device back on.

Keep me posted if there is any change after trying these tips.

OuterYacht
Visitor

Hi @Emil

Thanks for the tips

I tried the things you mentioned, but there was no change.