Join now - be part of our community!

Touchscreen does not response on center, Xperia X Performance

SOLVED
evkoh
Visitor

Touchscreen does not response on center, Xperia X Performance

In the center of my touchscreen, there is an area  does not response. Its size is about one and a half app icon size in width and half an app icon size in height.

I can't click or start a gesture on this area, but in the screen test, i can swip over this area. 

I test it with a drawing app, i can't start a line in this area, but i can draw a line cross this area.

I am not using screen protector. I bought it from HongKong.

Is this a software problem or a hardware problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

@evkoh,

This does indeed sound like a software issue. It is likely a third party app or widget that is causing the issue, specifically which one though I am not sure.

Do try the factory reset but if you have the same issue afterwards, I would recommend a software repair as the next step. 

Please let me know if you get it working Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CameronT
Champion

Hi @evkoh,

Welcome to the community.

It could be either, you'd need to do a little more testing. 

Go to Settings > About Phone > Diagnostics > Test > Touch Screen.

I recommend you perform this test in safe mode too.

evkoh
Visitor

Thanks for your reply!

I can pass the test in both nomal mode and safe mode.

In safe mode, the area now is clickable and the problem is gone.

This maybe a software problem. I will do a factory reset later to find out whether it is a system bug.

CameronT
Champion

@evkoh,

This does indeed sound like a software issue. It is likely a third party app or widget that is causing the issue, specifically which one though I am not sure.

Do try the factory reset but if you have the same issue afterwards, I would recommend a software repair as the next step. 

Please let me know if you get it working Slightly_smiling_Face

evkoh
Visitor

I find out the app which caused the problem, it is "招商银行". When i killed its services, the problem gone.

Thanks agin!

CameronT
Champion

@evkoh,

Great! I am glad it is working now. Thank you for letting us know. I also recommend you contact the developers of 招商银行 and let them know there may be an issue with their app, hopefully they can resolve it.