Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming after the last update

profile.country.GB.title
Mgm2010
Explorer

Streaming after the last update

not sure if it ties in with the subject below, as it seems to relate to headphones.  Since the last update, its impossible to stream anything through my Bose Soundlink Bar.  doesn't matter what the app is, spotify, bbc, bt sport, youtube, everything glitches, to the point where the specific app will actually stop itself playing.  does it matter that i have the headphone app installed????  its definitely not the sound bar, as other phones and tablets have no issue whatsoever streaming through the bar.  tried safe mode, i've even factory reset and nothing has changed.   is my phone goosed or is there an easy fix to this?  terrible update.  any help greatly appreciated.  Cheers. 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi there, if you're using Bluetooth connection with the soundbar, try to unpair both of them, clear cache and data and force stop for Bluetooth app, if that didn't work, try to perform the software repair by the Xperia companion and check if that will solve the issue or not.

profile.country.GB.title
Mgm2010
Explorer

Cheers. Tried everything. The Bose speaker isnt compatible with Android 11. Paired the phone up with a different brand speaker, no problem. Paired the Bose up with an android 10 device, again no problem. Bose no longer provide support for the speaker either. Is there any way of reverting the phone back to android 10? Thanks. 

IMG-20210304-WA0001.jpeg

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Then try this:

- goto settings and scroll down

- tap on 'about phone' and tap several times on build number

- it will reveal 'developer options'

- go system -> advanced -> developer oprtions

- scroll down to Bluetooth-AVRCP-version

- try AVRCP 1.4 or even 1.3

- test again

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
Mgm2010
Explorer

thanks for that suggestion.  appreciate it.  hasn't changed anything though.  still glitching.  what was the purpose of android 11 when 10 worked just fine as it is? hopefully the next update will eradicate this, or will probably just make it worse. 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

You can try to check with the support of the speakers to advise if it will ever work with android 11 or not, as eventually all eligible devices will update to Android 11.

profile.country.GB.title
Mgm2010
Explorer

Ive spoken to Bose. They said speaker is Android 11 friendly. The page wont let me post a video of how bad it actually is.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yeah I've seen issues like this after the update. But i think there will be a software version to fix this issue.