Join now - be part of our community!

Volume of bottom speaker on Xperia 5iii

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

Volume of bottom speaker on Xperia 5iii

I have noticed that the volume of the bottom speaker on the Xperia 5iii is much lower than the top speaker. I find it annoying when listening to stereo content in landscape mode. Do others experience this as well? 

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

First make shure that this happens in all circumstances.

Did you test from within the Support App on your device?

Did you test in Safe Mode?

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

In the support app it is the same. With Dolby Atmos enabled the volume of both speakers sounds more in balance. With Dolby Atmos disabled, the bottom speaker is noticeably quieter.

In safe mode I have not tried. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Rduppen,

have you checked the "accesability" option for audio balance? It applies to both the inbuild speakers and headphones.

If it is shifted to the left, then I can manually create a volume inbalance between the speakers of my Xperia 5 (m1).

- Nic

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

Thanks for the advice. I checked the accessibility options, and the balance control is centered. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Rduppen,

then next start the phone in safe mode as suggested by @Strampke.

Just as last step to check whether it is a hardware or software issue,

- Nic

profile.country.NL.title
Rduppen

In safe mode the audio balance between top and bottom speakers is the same as in normal mode.

I doubt whether it is hardware related though. The difference is not night and day, and with Dolby Atmos enabled the balance seems fine.

I am just going to keep the Dolby Atmos setting enabled, and won't worry about it 😁

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Being able not to worry about things is a gift.