Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5V: Refresh rate drops to 60hz in youtube app when video plays

profile.country.GB.title
No-name
Explorer

Xperia 5V: Refresh rate drops to 60hz in youtube app when video plays

Refresh rate drops to 60hz in YouTube app when video plays. When video is paused its back to 120hz again. However this is annoying because it makes navigating around YouTube app feel very sluggish while video is playing. There's no settings in developer option to force peak refresh rate. Can this be fixed?

There's already so much refresh rate issue in android 14 which is why I'm using android 13. Can we make sure above bug and other refresh rate related bug is fixed in next update release?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@No-name Hi, try these basic steps first, then try to Clear app cache data

profile.country.GB.title
No-name
Explorer

doesn't work. It won't work that way because the fault is within Sony's firmware not youtube app. I've flashed different regional firmware still doesn't work. I've looked around online and many people are reporting this issue.

In Android 13, setedit app can be used to raise minimum refresh rate, which solves the issue until next reboot/stamina mode on-off.  But in Android 14, setedit doesn't work. So I'm currently using android 13 and setedit to get around this problem. We shouldn't have to do this.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @No-name 

Can you make sure that the YT app is up to date?

If the issue is still the same, you will need to report this to Sony I believe to figure out a solution 

profile.country.GB.title
No-name
Explorer

Yes YT is up to date. YT isn't at fault here, I used SetEdit to increase minimum refresh rate so above issue doesn't occur. But SetEdit doesn't work in A14. Anyway, users shouldn't have to use 3rd party app to fix above issue.

Yes please can you please help me to report it to Sony as a bug ASAP? That's why I'm here in the first place. I'm not the only one with this problem, other users reported it too in other forums, on other Sony devices too:

Xperia 5V reverting back to 60hz. : r/SonyXperia (reddit.com)

Xperia 5 IV refresh rate bug? : r/SonyXperia (reddit.com)

profile.country.GB.title
Altiar
Community Team

Hey @No-name I highly suggest trying to do a software repair using the xperia companion app as it really helps with such bugs.

profile.country.GB.title
No-name
Explorer

Please read before you reply, I've flashed entire firmware yet this doesn't solve this.

This forum is a useless place. None even bothers showing a way to report bugs do devs