Join now - be part of our community!

ADP-MAA Multi-interface shoe adaptor - HELP PLEASE!!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
springy69
Explorer

ADP-MAA Multi-interface shoe adaptor - HELP PLEASE!!

I am attempting to interface my new a68 with my old HVL-F36AM flash unit.

Under recommendation from Sony, I have bought an ADP-MAA Multi-interface Shoe Adaptor.

Fitting to the camera is easy- just slide and lock with the wheel.  Equally, it is easy to remove it too.

It is also easy to fit it to the flash unit.  The problems start when I try to remove it so that I can use the flash away from the camera with the supplied stand.

There is no release device enabling the removal of the adaptor.

How do I remove it?

I am frightened of forcing it in case I break something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

I'm pleased you managed to get it sorted, plus this post will also help any others who may be searching for the same problem. :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

Hi there,

Isn't there a wheel/cog on the adapter that's near the base?  Just twist that counter-clockwise and pull the adapter towards you (if screen is facing you).

Hope this helps.

Mike

profile.country.en_GB.title
springy69
Explorer

Hi Mike,

You are getting confused with the locking mechanism that secures the adaptor to the camera.

The locking mechanism I was having trouble with is th the one that secures the adaptor to the peripheral (in this specific case the HVL-F36AM flash unit).

I have actually solved the problem now.

A really nice guy by the name of David Busch, (he is a renowned author of photographic books), switched the light on!

As soon as he mentioned the release button on the bottom of the flash unit, I had one of those moments where I said to myself, "You bloody pillock!".

Thing is, I haven't used the flash for a while. Because of other things going on in my life - unavoidable health scares, family woes etc., I haven't even picked my camera up for quite a time, so a lot of the stuff I've learned, I now have to be reminded of and now have to re-learn.

I'm getting there!

Thanks for your help anyway.  Nice of you to try and it is very much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

I'm pleased you managed to get it sorted, plus this post will also help any others who may be searching for the same problem. :slight_smile: