Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Marcd51

in 99% of cases, any tech support is as useful as your locah butcher/hairdresser/.....

Anyway, yes, disk should get unmounted when TV enters deep sleep and remonuted later when it turns on. But with the same ID and thus, with the same path for apps. And that worked just fine in lollipop.

Now, external drives are fine for me. Again. But formatted as internal ones are not remounted, they are just gone until reboot.

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

@kinggo01 wrote:

@newbix wrote:

Why would anyone do that?

because we only have 1,5GB of RAM. And because I don't need or use Amazon video, youtube, google play videos and music..... And all of them are running all the time with bunch of others that can't be disabled (opera browser or even youview which is useless outside of UK).

I'll rather wait for 2s when opening an app that I need and when I need it then have them running all the time and wasting resources of this sluggish and underpowered SoC.

I thought I would try what you said(disable things in options). I thne turned the TV off at teh wall. Turned it back on and the settings

are back to what they was. Oh well  :slight_smile:

edit=I just checked again all have gone back to normal. But I disabled Contacts, it's still disabled but it still starts up.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@newbix

hmmmmm............ maybe that's also new in MM :nauseated_face:

I disabled them back in lollipop days and all of them are still disabled despite couple of updates since then. No icon on home screen and no way to start the app from settings unles I enable it first.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi guys need some info please

I have my TV set to '' cinema pro'' for all my viewing seems to give the best picture and motionflow.

I need some clarification on ''film mode'' under the same banner as motionflow.

You can set film mode to with - off, low,medium or high.

Under digital TV it's set to off but for video app like Amazon and Netflix it's set to high by default and my Now TV box it's set to high.

I have never changed any of those settings as it's set by default when you select'cinema pro '

I mainly watch Netflix and digital terrestrial HD TV.

What does this option actually do and whats the best setting to have.

All advice would be greatfully appreciated.
Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
Cyberlife
Explorer

Hi

my TV models is 43W805C

After installing Android 6 v3.865, pictures is not clear and sharp as before.

Satellite reciver power is low and pictures pixelated Especially in HD channel.

Can I go back to Lollipop?

What was the last Lollipop version without problem?
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Cyberlife

no, you can't go back.

And stop crossposting.

profile.country.GB.title
newbix

My Tv has started to reset it's self again. And as before when I press the home button half the screen is missing.

All support want's to do is replace my motherboard every time  😞  Looks like back to LG for my next TV.

I wonder why no one from Sony comes here? They do post\help in the US forums.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @Cyberlife

This was a question to my region Sony Support center.

What they said is that this cannot be performed other way than sending TV to their Service center, do the operational check and then install - downgrade the OS to Android 5.1.

What I understood is that they can do this but it is not clear in their answer if they will replace the BMFL board(main board).

I also tried some USB flash ways from the past, but there was no success. The only way is possibly hidden inside service menu but this is very risky and none of us should try because wrong values could result on a non operative bricked TV.

If your problem is not very serious, just wait for next firmware. This should solve some issues same way they did in Lollipop. I hope so :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Cyberlife
Explorer

@kinggo01

Please report this new problem to Sony

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@Cyberlife

nothing to repoort, that's expected.