Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

I disabled auto update for a few weeks to see how others fared, I also have the KD-49X8305C.

I pressed the trigger a few weeks ago and my TV is so far running beautifully, it doesn't randomly switch itself on anymore and now it reassuringly switches itself off immediately I hit the standby button something that was very random before.

I sideloaded Aptoide and installed several apps from it all of which run pretty well, my TV is now running as it should have done when I bought it in 2015.

I didn't notice any picture improvements either nor was it any worse than pre Marshmallow.

profile.country.GB.title
TWLeebo

That's good to know. I've been one of the lucky ones and had little trouble
so far. The enforced picture settings thing is very odd though, but not
altogether surprising...☺️
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Nope your not alone..

Iv got a KD-43X8307C 2015 and works brilliantly brought it last year September from John Lewis Oxford Street . I had the February update and also the April update. without any of the horror stories iv read on this forum.

Apart from Hardisk mounting and Unmounted issues I'm sorting out with Sony at the moment TV works realy well the best iv ever had it.

For me their was a picture improvement that I noticed straight away after installing the February update.

As with others the picture was brighter and sharper.

Also I just tried for the first time tonight 'aptoide' app and it's just great never used this before so many more apps I can Download and use. Awesome!

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
newbix

I had to do another full reset of my X9405 after this

20170523_084201.jpg

BroderSalsa
Explorer

Yeah. Programme guide is crashing randomly quite often. Also after reset.

profile.country.GB.title
continentalgt187

Aptoide is indeed a really usefull tool, with its apps used in conjunction with ES File Explorer you don't need much else.

I would strongly recommend you install "Set Orientation" I think its on Aptoide, you will then get apps designed for phones to display in the correct orientation on the Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
TWLeebo

Okay, it looks like I jumped the gun by the saying the Video aspect ratio bug was fixed, it's still very much present on 2.35:1 films. Unfortunately the workaround I used to employ to fix the problem no longer works after the update! So I re-installed Kodi but the lipsync was just slightly to far out for me to cope watching it. I should have stuck with the previous OS...

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Indeed not completely fixed, see my bug tracker.

You can adjust lip-sync (=audio offset) in Kodi player controls...

profile.country.GB.title
TWLeebo

That is quite a list!
profile.country.GB.title
TWLeebo

That is quite a list!