Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.UA.title
Andrey_Dnepr

1 month after 6.6510. Cmon Sony buy couple programmers.

profile.country.CZ.title
mr.vaja
Explorer

Even after updating the sound problems are still there. In order to make the sound reciver it is necessary to turn off both devices. So I don't know what the update was for  :rage:

profile.country.GB.title
markpiggott
Explorer

Hi,

I have a KD-43XF7596 which I have recently updated to Android Oreo v6.6510 and am having issues when playing DTS content via blu-ray discs/games on my PlayStation 4. I have it connected to a HDMI port with the sound playing through the tv's speakers (I don't use a soundbar) and have set the sound output setting on my PS4 to Bitstream (DTS), but it sounds like it's in stereo and not DTS. Also, when pressing the info button on the remote I used to be able to see DTS Surround, but since the update nothing appears. Everything seems to be ok when playing Dolby Digital content, but DTS seems to be broken. Before the update to v6.6510 DTS was working fine. Is anyone else having the same issues?

I have been contacting Sony Support back and forth, but they don't been to be interested in getting it resolved. They are just saying that the tv will not play DTS or Dolby Digital if there is no sound system connected to it.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What do you mean by playing dts rather than stereo via the internal speaker? You TV has only two speaker in any case....
profile.country.GB.title
markpiggott
Explorer

Sorry, I mean any sound seems like it's set to the Linear PCM setting on the PS4 instead of being DTS Surround.

profile.country.IE.title
kebroad
Explorer

I can’t figure out how to leave a comment here without replying to someone else’s comment, so please excuse me for choosing yours’ Testcard. It may be something to do with Sony not letting me sign in as they’re having ‘technical difficulties’ but I see I AM signed in, it doesn’t make sense to me. Anyway….

Hello everyone. I’m in The Republic Of Ireland. I bought the 55” version of XF9005 in November last year from an online store in the North. I had been looking forward to the Oreo update for various reasons, like improving Netflix Dolby Vision. As an aside, it seems to me that not all their DV shows are reproduced as badly as others - I would like to see Altered Carbon and Lost In Space improved. After reading reports on this forum I’m now wary of installing the update. I have disabled the ‘Automatic software download’ function in the hope that this will prevent it from invading the TV and making things worse than they already are. Am I right in thinking that this will prevent the installation without asking my permission?

I’ve been regularly running the ‘check for a system update option’ but am told am that my software is up to date. Has everyone here been side-loading the Oreo update (via a usb storage device) or has anyone in the UK of GB & NI or The ROI received it directly via the internet connection? And has it made / will it make any difference?

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

There is a new update on oreo released today!

V6. 6520

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

Hi @kebroad, I don't know what everyone else in here is doing to install Sony's latest but I can tell you that the Oreo update hasn't appeared as an OTA installable update on my KD-65XE8596. I'm in Liverpool, North West England.

profile.country.GR.title
Johnickz

Wonderful news, thank your Sir for informing us.

Now any beta tester, eeehmmm any brave enough, eeeehmmmm,

anyone that tried it so far?!

profile.country.UA.title
Andrey_Dnepr

6.6520 fix Android UI brightness on xf9005. Thanks.