Join now - be part of our community!

Android TVs. Can no longer disable DD+, defaults back to it as soon as you leave menu. Software bug.

profile.country.GB.title
GuyMiddleton

Android TVs. Can no longer disable DD+, defaults back to it as soon as you leave menu. Software bug.

For those of us running optical out, DD+ needed to be disabled in the Sound output menu so the amp/soundbar/dac etc. could use the signal and give us 48k Dolby Digital.

However...

This option no longer work. It keeps defaulting to DD+ every time.

If you start in Netflix for example it will not remember DD and will revert to DD+ as soon as you exit the menu.

This is on XE9005 and XF9005.

This is a software bug that needs to be sorted. The only option currently is to default to PCM output which is no where near as good, especially on Netflix, Disney etc. it just sounds flat and compressed. 

It is fine for HDMI inputs, the input will carry on playing when you go into the sound output menu, but for apps it defaults to a the last hdmi input as you enter the menu and seems because of this there is no way to change the setting for apps? Not sure what is going on really, but that is what it seems like. 

This article covers what the settings 'should' do and why you need it, but it doesn't work. 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00167113

But please Sony, sort it out so it remembers DD when you set it. 

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey GuyMiddleton, the article states that DD+ cannot be output from optical, with no option on the menu to disable it, it will just mute the sound.

profile.country.CZ.title
Patrikbohm
Explorer

Still same on XF9005 with HDMI Arc. Choose DD and still choosed DD+. 

I hard reset my tv. Now problem. Netflix not sound on my av receiver. Bug in tv settings. 😢😢😢

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Patrikbohm, could you elaborate more? What is your TV connected to? All devices please.

profile.country.CZ.title
Patrikbohm
Explorer

Tv 65XF9005. Av Receiver Yamaha HTR-3065. More one year funcional perfect. After hard reset Tv not funcional DD+ on Netflix, Amazon,... On Av receiver displayed Straight without reproductor icon. Sometimes the decoding starts just I can't pause the movie or then it doesn't work again, but it's very rare. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Patrikbohm, what's the current software version on your TV?

profile.country.GB.title
GuyMiddleton

I understand you can't output DD+ to optical, that is the problem, you can't disable DD+. 

If you set it to vanilla DD it doesn't remember it. 

It is a bug. Try it. 

profile.country.GB.title
GuyMiddleton

it doesn't matter what it is attached too, the latest firmware is not allowing you to select DD, well it does allow it, but as soon as you leave the menu it defaults back to DD+. 

You don't need anything to be plugged into the set, you test it. Set it to DD then go back to Netflix, then go back to the menu and it will be back at DD+. 

profile.country.CZ.title
Patrikbohm
Explorer

FW version is 6.7165. 

profile.country.CZ.title
Patrikbohm
Explorer

I try plugin to Tv hdmi Google chromecast 4 and Netflix, Amazon works DD+ after second time play movie. I plugin to receiver HDMI works perfectly once time.

Tryed Netflix on XSX to Tv hdmi, only works DD, but perfect.