Join now - be part of our community!

Built in google

profile.country.GB.title
Tracey335
Explorer

Built in google

Hi im having problems with both my somt tvs, for a few days when I ask Google to turn tv on or off, it says the usual "ok, turning living room tv off", but nothing happens, the mic and remote both work its just built in google that isn't responding, the software is up to date so I domt know what the problem is, it did it fine last night bit then this morning its the same. Is anyone else having this problem thanks

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.HR.title
DarkoD

Same happened to me. Find Google app in Settings-Apps and uninstal updates for Google app. It seems that last version of app is messed up.

profile.country.GB.title
Tracey335
Explorer

Hi thank you yes it worked but this morning it came back up again so I had to re do it, is there anything to stop that happening ots getting annoying now. Thanks

profile.country.HR.title
DarkoD

On remote press inputs button-Google play store-your account-settings-don't auto-update apps.

profile.country.GB.title
Tracey335
Explorer

I've turned off uninstall updates on Google but its still there the next day, so have to go through it again, took batteries out remote, restarted tv, restarted router, nothing seems to solve it, I've turned off updates on Google play store as well but still the same, im wondering if its a fault somewhere, never had problems before, only thing I can think of is when I try to add my network ot says it can't find it, bit is connected to the Internet as I can watch YouTube etc

profile.country.HR.title
DarkoD

I don't know, it works for me. Try to delete data in Google app and then uninstall updates. If this won't work then app is somehow update itself.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Tracey335, what's the model number of your TV? 

profile.country.GB.title
Tracey335
Explorer

Hi its xr75x94ju