Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI-ARC issues with Sony bravia TV (KDL43W807CSU) and Philips soundbar

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ash.thorpe1
Explorer

HDMI-ARC issues with Sony bravia TV (KDL43W807CSU) and Philips soundbar

I am unable to achieve the HMDI-ARC connection between Sony bravia TV (KDL43W807CSU) and soundbar (Philips HTL5140B). Using brand new HDMI high speed cable, connected between correct Sony TV HDMI-ARC port (HDMI 4) and correct soundbar ARC port. I have literally looked through and adjusted every relevant setting on the TV and still unable to get the HDMI-ARC working.

Also, using an optical cable between the Sony TV and soundbar, I experience a significant sound lag between the picture and soundbar audio. The Sony TV doesn't have a feature to adjust audio timings, like kodi/xbmc media centres provide. This means I am not able to experience decent audio when watching films on netflix.

Q1. Is the Sony TV HDMI-ARC feature compatible with all ARC enabled device regardless of manufacturer? I assumed this was a mature standard.

Q2. Does the Sony TV output audio through optical cable at the exact same time TV picture is displayed. Is there any chance the audio output processing could introduce a delay in the order of several 10's of milliseconds?

Already posted on Phillips forum – no solution given;

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/en/showthread.php?22565-Audio-sync-amp-HDMI-ARC-issues-with-HTL5...

Cheers

Ash

–-------------DETAIL----------------------
–---------------------------------------------

TV firmware build = PKG.179.0100EUA

Soundbar firmware = latest (v44)

HDMI ARC compatible cable being used;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B..._s00:confused:

To solve HMDI ARC connection issue, Tried the following
-----------------------------------------------------------

Restored Soundbar to default factory settings. Tried hard reset multiple times on both TV and soundbar.

Sony bravia sync disabled (explored possibility that Bravia sync is Sonys trade name for HDMI-CEC only, I don't require this feature to control volume with TV remote, just want audio return to soundbar)
power on soundbar – select HDMI ARC (flashes indicating no connection)
Power on Sony TV – HDMI arc remains flashing on soundbar display

Sony bravia sync enabled
power on soundbar – select HDMI ARC (flashes)
Power on Sony TV – HDMI arc remains flashing on soundbar display (no connection)

Sony bravia sync enabled
Power on Sony TV
power on soundbar – select HDMI ARC – constantly flashes (no connection)

Power on Soundbar - select HDMI ARC (flashes)
Power on TV - Tried Sony Bravia sync device discovery (This TV feature suggests it attempts to discovery connected HDMI devices) – no devices found!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you have a read of this thread to see if it helps?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/arc-stopped-working-on-kdl-46ex503/m-p/2109952

ARC should work across all manufacturers.  Its the CEC functions that can cause problems.  However sometimes HDMI-CEC must be enabled as well (i believe)

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you have a read of this thread to see if it helps?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/arc-stopped-working-on-kdl-46ex503/m-p/2109952

ARC should work across all manufacturers.  Its the CEC functions that can cause problems.  However sometimes HDMI-CEC must be enabled as well (i believe)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ash.thorpe1
Explorer

Thank you for your help.  It was the Tivo box causing the problem.

Since the HDMI-ARC connection was established the lip sync is perfect on both the HDMI-ARC and optical interface.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent.  Glad you got it working now.  Thanks for confirming the Tivo.

profile.country.GB.title
pajo100

How to enable HDMI-CEC on Sony 2015 TVs ?? as having 5.1 problems with Kodi.