Join now - be part of our community!

No sound from karaoke through AG8

profile.country.GB.title
3bsstudio
New

No sound from karaoke through AG8

I using a MacMini with Karaoke software on it, connected to the Sony KD55AG8BU via HDMI for the words and a 1/4“ jack from the headphone socket of the mac to twin phono in on the Behringer MIX800 Ultra-Compact Karaoke Processor amplifier. I'm then using twin phono out from the MIX800 to a 1/4“ jack which I currently insert in the AV IN on the Sony KD55AG8BU but I don't get any sound? I can see the music showing and playing on the MIX800 volume LEDS but no sound at all through the TV.

Any ideas why I can't hear it? I currently have Yamaha soundbar connected to the TV but it doesn't matter which sound output is selected (TV or Active Speakers) I get no sound.

It used to work perfectly when I had my old SONY DAV-S550 Home Theatre system but I don't have that any more.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

On the assumption your are correct and its "AV In" for the sound you also need to route your picture to "AV In" and select "AV" on your TV. Expect a reduction in Picture quality but perhaps with lyrics this doesn't matter too much.

AFAIK you cannot select an AV input (sound) and HDMI input (Picture) together on the TV. Hence no sound.

Can you route sound to soundbar without using the TV to get around this issue and retaining HDMI for picture?