Join now - be part of our community!

No sound on my Onkyo TXNR686 from my streaming broadcasts on Sony Bravia 55 Android 4K HD TV

vluongo
New

No sound on my Onkyo TXNR686 from my streaming broadcasts on Sony Bravia 55 Android 4K HD TV

When I play my AT&T Uverse cable shows I get surround sound from my Sony Bravia 55 Android 4K HD TV coming from my Onkyo TXNR686 AV receiver speakers.   However, when I switch to Netflix or any other streaming channels, I only get sound coming from my TV built in speakers and I also continue to get sound from the AT&T Uverse cable show coming from my Onkyo TXNR686 AV receiver speakers at the same time.  I am using a HDMI high speed 4K HD cable from my cable box to the TV arc, and from the TV hdmi to the Onkyo TXNR686 with another HDMI high speed 4K HD cable.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@vluongo 

Are you in the USA? I’m not familiar with that or any other cable box.

But I’d say you’ve got it wired wrong; the HDMI port on the TV labelled ARC needs to be used for the HDMI lead that goes to the Onkyo, and you can then use any of the other three(?) HDMI ports on the TV for the HDMI lead coming from the cable box.

Depending on which exact model of TV you have, one of those three(?) non-ARC HDMI ports may be of a higher spec than the other two, though this will only matter if the cable box is putting out UHD/4K.

But if it is, consult the documentation for your TV to find out which non-ARC HDMI port is the best option to use for the cable box.

Please let us know how you get on.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…