Join now - be part of our community!

No wired Lan

profile.country.GB.title
Dogsrod
Explorer

No wired Lan

Hi 

Got a KD-43X8307C android TV.

Worked faultlessly for first year or so then wired LAN kept dropping out. So much so I bought a firestick and that's been faultless for last 12 months using same modem and ethernet cable.

Few months ago I decided to take ethernet cable out of firestick and back into TV. It wouldn't connect. After some research I altered static IP address settings (which I now cannot find) and it's worked for a couple of months and now stopped working.

Why should it be so hard to connect a TV to a modem a foot away and get a good constant connection through a set up wizard?

I can go back to firestick but don't see point when I have an Android TV and another TV crying out for fire stick.

Latest software on TV, tried router and TV reboot etc etc. Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

It should be automatic LAN connection with DHCP switched ON in router settings.

Most Routers are more intelligent these days and will issue use the same IP address whenever a specific device connects so manually assigning static IP addresses is unnecessary

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Dogsrod,

Have you checked our troubleshooting article?

https://community.sony.de/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/how-to-amp-troubleshooting-for-your-tv-int...

Maybe it helps solving your issue.

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Try turning off IPV6 on the router if it's on? 

profile.country.GB.title
Dogsrod
Explorer

Tried all of above. Seems I can get connected by inputting settings I found from BT page, but everytime TV turned off then on again it doesn't always connect unless I unplug TV and internet hub? Nothing else wireless or ethernet affected.

Beginning to think it's more a BT issue than TV issue.