Join now - be part of our community!

TV, KDL-32WD754

profile.country.GB.title
Altanman
New

TV, KDL-32WD754

Has any other user had problems with this TV. After just over 18 months from purchase I had a number of issues with the TV including lip sync, auto screen resizing, change of colour etc. Also turning the TV off and on using the remote controller. I phoned Sony and went through various diagnostics and eventually did a Factory Reset. This sorted out most of the problems except the issue of turning the TV off and on using the remote (I have changes the batteries in the remote so this isn't the problem) but also the button on the TV itself doesn't work. The LED light under the TV screen comes on but no image or sound on the screen. This is an intermittent problem as sometimes the remote works OK but most of the time it doesn't. The only solution is to unplug from the mains power source, wait a few minutes then plug in again. The TV then reboots, sometimes it will turn itself off automatically then turn itself on again, sometimes there is no sound and I have to go through the whole procedure again.

Sony can only offer me to take the TV to a dealer who will charge me as much for the repair as the price of a new TV. I am shocked that Sony would sell such a product and not offer to solve these issues. Any help please.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Altanman,

I've escalated this to support for further advice. Someone will update this thread when we have a response.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Altanman,

I've had a response to your query. 

Your TV repair is chargeable since the TV is out of warranty. You can find the warranty terms and conditions here: http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/warranty

Also, the nature of electrical components does mean it is simply not possible to eliminate all potential faults and we have to concede, to a point, that there will always be a chance of spontaneous failure. In recognition of this, each product is supplied with a Sony European one year guarantee, to protect both the product and our customers from potential failures.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

i am having the exact same problems with an 18 month old KDL 32. 

I have always thought of Sony products as the best, but having experienced this problem, and seeing that many others do too, I am beginning to feel that Sony have slipped from the number one position.