Join now - be part of our community!

Software problems

profile.country.GB.title
Maxwellplum
Explorer

Software problems

Sony Bravia tv (model KD-49XE8396) and sound bar (model HT/CT20)

Since software update a few months ago, our TV is now switching itself on and off all the time, several times a day!!!! also the soundbar stop working at that time.

V9 / 5th March 2021

kernel version 4. 9.125

Sony will do nothing about this as software issues are apparently are not covered under their warranty 🤬🤬 I am expected to wait until a new update but they have no idea when that will be they. Sony say they will call to discuss but never do.

now the volume keeps going off.

Has anyone else experienced similar..  I am so disappointed in Sony response to this issue

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It is not an appreciated answer in here, but in such cases a factory reset normally solves ..

profile.country.GB.title
Maxwellplum
Explorer

Many thanks but have fine about 6 factory resets. Doesn’t work and Sony know this 🥴🤷‍♀️

profile.country.GB.title
Mrtigger81

I think most of us with Sony TV's have software problems and I've sent two complaints to the their HQ and no response. All you can do is vote with your feet and change brand. I genuinely feel ripped off for the price I paid for mine KD55XG7003. Looking forward to selling mine to saying farewell. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey, the issue is known by Sony and they've been working on an update for a while. So far no news about it tho.

profile.country.GB.title
PerryCert
New

I think this is not just a TV compatibility problem. To fix the problem, perform a power-off reset or factory reset.