Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 43W756C black grainy dots on screen

SOLVED
R2D2sCousinBob
Explorer

Sony Bravia 43W756C black grainy dots on screen

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can help me here, as I don't have much of a clue about TVs.

I bought a Sony Bravia 43W756C, back in November 2015, to use as a gaming tv.

Just before Xmas, I started playing Fallout 4, on my Xbox One, through the tv and the game looked amazing. I was made aware that back in Jan or Feb this year there was an update to the game, to make the graphics look better. Roughly around the same time as the update was installed, I noticed the game had like a black grainy overall look to it, I just assumed it was part of the update to the game, until last night.

I turned on my Wii U and noticed that the same grainy look was still there and I know that the Wii U bootup screen is usually bright crisp white, not any more!!

I don't know if I have a load of dead pixels, all across the screen or if there is something I have accidently clicked on the remote with.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me some advice.

IMAG1576.jpgIMAG1577.jpgIMAG1578.jpgIMAG1579.jpgIMAG1581.jpgIMAG1582.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
R2D2sCousinBob
Explorer

Hi,

I have had a response from Sony about carrying out a factory reset, which
seems to have resolved the issue.

Many thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Bob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive escalated this to Sony Support, as i dont know why this has occured either.  Im going on the assumption of a hardware fault, but lets see what Sony say.  They should be in contact with you shrtly.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Ive been informed that Sony Support is waiting for more information from you - such as serial number of your TV.  They will also attach the photos you posted here to your case for the team to follow up.

Cheers

R2D2sCousinBob
Explorer

Hi,

I have had a response from Sony about carrying out a factory reset, which
seems to have resolved the issue.

Many thanks for your help I really appreciate it.

Bob