Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia funktioniert mit Panasonic Aufnahme Recorder nicht richtig

profile.country.DE.title
Astrid1475
Explorer

Sony Bravia funktioniert mit Panasonic Aufnahme Recorder nicht richtig

Hallo, ich habe eine Frage: 

Seit ca 2 Jahren habe ich zwei Panasonic-Blueray-Recorder DMR-BCT 765 EG.

In der Zwischenzeit hatte ich mehrere Fernseher angeschlossen und es gab nie Probleme. 

Ich habe jetzt einen Sony XR-42 A90K. Google TV OLED-Fernseher. 

Es war alles gut, aber seit ein paar Tagen schalten sich die Blu-ray-Recorder bei den  programmierten Timer-Aufnahmen immer GANZ ein. Bei einer Timeraufnahme schaltet sich der Recorder ganz ein und bleibt dann auch eingeschaltet. Die Aufnahme sollte im Hintergrund stattfinden, so dass sich der Blu-ray Recorder nicht ganz einschaltet.

Davor war es so, dass sich die Recorder im Hintergrund bei einer Timeraufnahme eingeschaltet haben, aber jetzt schalten sie sich ganz ein.

Ich weiß nicht, wo der Fehler ist, liegt es am neuen Fernseher oder liegt es an den Recordern?

Der Fernseher ist so eingestellt, dass sich die Recorder ausschalten, sobald ich den Fernseher ausschalte. So soll es auch sein.

Aber jetzt schalten sie sich ganz ein und nicht mehr aus. 

Auf dem Bild sieht man, dass unten richtig aufgenommen wird (nachdem ich ihn manuell ausgeschaltet habe) 

IMG_20240823_214338.jpg

IMG_20240825_110127.jpg

IMG_20240825_110520.jpg

Und bitte sagt mir noch, wie ich die deutsche statt der englischen Sprache einstellen kann.

Vielen Dank

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.DE.title
Astrid1475
Explorer

That's a good solution, but if I watch a video and maybe fall asleep, for example, it won't turn off.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Astrid1475 

Thanks for the English!

I guess when you fall asleep, the TV turns off after a set number of hours?

According to this page:-

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/jaep1/v1/en/04-07_02.html

(and no doubt a German equivalent exists) if you turn on the Bluray recorder from the Input Select button on the remote, then it should turn off when the TV turns off.

But (i) maybe you have to start it by exactly this method for the turning off to work, and it won’t turn off if, for instance, you start the BluRay recorder from it own remote, or from the controls on the unit itself.

(I have certainly had equipment operating with a TV which knew it if had turned on the equipment itself, and would then turn it off when the TV turned off; but if the TV knew that it hadn’t turned on the equipment, it would leave it running).

And (ii) although VIERA Link and Bravia Sync are supposed to be the same thing (CEC), manufacturer implementations do vary, and although most things should work, Sony won’t guarantee the correct operation of Bravia Sync except with other Sony equipment.

If nothing above works, it might be worth looking to see if the BluRay recorders have a similar feature to the TV, where they can turn off after a set number of hours. There is Automatic Standby on page 95 of the manual for the recorder, but I don’t know if this is a length of time, or an absolute clock time:-

https://www.manualslib.com/download/1324476/Panasonic-Dmr-Bct765.html

(English again, es tut mir leid, but hopefully you have you manual to hand in German, or can find a German copy online).

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.DE.title
Astrid1475
Explorer

The technician was there but didn't know where the problem was. He then reset the first recorder for me, so it was always on, and the second one anyway. He then set the recorder's settings - other standby settings - auto standby to 2 hours. The technician then said that was nonsense, because if he wanted to watch a video, he didn't want the recorders to switch off after just 15 minutes. I kept trying and changed the auto standby settings on both recorders to 15 minutes instead of two hours, and found that the recorders switch off after a quarter of an hour of inactivity. That is, when a recording is finished or a video is on, but both switch off after 15 minutes. The first recorder is even now recording in the background and doesn't switch on fully when recording. Is it true that it could be because of the TV they are plugged into?  My first recorder is plugged into the HDMI-eArc/ARC.

The technician said that this slot is the only one that can communicate with the recorder. 

I have a total of four inputs. Could the technician be right? Is it because only this Ark-HDMI can do it and the other three HDMI ports can't?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Astrid1475 

I’m not quite clear on what you are saying, but if the recorder turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity (e.g. if you fall asleep 60 minutes into watching a 90 minute recording, then the recorder will show the last 30 minutes, have 15 minutes of inactivity and then turn off - i.e. 45 minutes after you fall asleep) then that is a good result.

I’m afraid your technician doesn’t understand ARC/eARC at all 😢 The special thing about this one HDMI socket is that it is the only one that will send the TV audio ‘back’ down the HDMI lead, and so allow you to use a soundbar or an AV amplifier/speaker setup. If you have one of these, you should reserve the ARC port for it; otherwise, you can use it for anything, just like the other three ports.

So it will let you plug a recorder into it to play back, just like the other three HDMI inputs will, and operate perfectly well, but will do nothing special besides for it.

Perhaps you should have asked him how, if he thinks that this is the only slot that can communicate with the recorder, you were going to be able to use your second recorder? 😛

profile.country.DE.title
Astrid1475
Explorer

the technician said that the HDMI Arc connector is the only one that can record. The other three HDMI inputs can't. Is that right? The first recorder is plugged into the Arc and works as it should (the technician also adjusted the first recorder for me 🙄🙄) the second Recorder do not works in the other 3 HDMI Slots???

You are a very smart man or women!! Are you a English Man or a German?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Astrid1475 

Thank you for the compliment - I am a man, and I am English.

No, you can’t record off any of the HDMI inputs; there will be a USB socket on the side of the TV where you can record to a hard disc, though.

Your BluRay recorders can, I think, record only off an aerial, or a cable box, and this is all ‘upstream’ of the TV, which only serves to play back the recordings. And may also give you a display to help set the recorders when you make recordings, though I am not sure about that.

I predict that if you take the first recorder out of the ARC port and plug it into one of the other HDMI ports, it will work the same; and if you plug the second recorder into the ARC port, it will still not work as it should, because the problem is some difference in how the two recorders are configured.

Can you try this, taking care to keep each recorder using the same HDMI cable it is using now (i.e swap only at the TV end) and report back if I am right (or if I should be surprised 😛?)

I had a Panasonic recorder once, but it was DVD-RAM and Hard Disc only, no BluRay. And all SCART, no HDMI. But to record, I could plug it into my Sky (UK satellite service provider) box, and set it to listen for a signal over the SCART connection. Then I would set the timer details, programme etc., on the Sky box. Which would send a signal to the recorder to turn on when the programme time arrived, record it, and turn off afterwards. So I never used the timer function on the recorder itself.

But that’s how I know a bit about your recorders, at least 😀

profile.country.DE.title
Astrid1475
Explorer

I

I bought the first recorder a new HDMI cable, then it worked again as it should, i.e. making timer recordings in the background without.

then I bought the same HDMI cable for the second recorder, but nothing changed. with my previous TVs this was no problem at all. 

profile.country.DE.title
Astrid1475
Explorer

I have already checked all four HDMI inputs but only the ARK slot really works. So what are all four HDMI inputs for then, since the second recorder is connected to HDMI 2 and we have already reconnected everything, but the problem still remains. 

By the way, the 

The technician said that if I set the Panasonic standby setting to 15 minutes, he said that when he was watching something, he didn't want the recorder to always switch off after 15 minutes. But it is as you described and as you knew, that the recorder only switches off after 15 minutes of inactivity. Not in the middle of a film or in the middle of recording, as the technician said. You were right, the technician did more harm than good.

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

One thing that is abundantly clear is this technician you have been using is useless.

The unit has 4 HDMI inputs, HDMI 3 is the eARC/ ARC (audio return channel), if you are using the TV 

in conjunction with a soundbar or AV receiver then you would use HDMI 3 for that.

The other HDMI inputs are for other HDMI connected equipment such as your DVD recorders, or in my case two Humax Freeview recorders.

Have you set up the HDMI connections on your TV.

Press the Settings button on the remote control.

Click on Settings (onscreen)>Channels & Inputs> External Inputs HDMI signal format you can now select between Standard or Enhanced for th HDMI inputs your recorders are connected to.

Also go to Bravia Sync control and switch it on.

You can select whether to have the HDMI devices to go off with the TV and also to have the TV come on with a HDMI connected device.

Next would be to go to Bravia Sync Device list and with all the connected devices on click on the Enable button.

Also make sure that the Viera control or whatever its called on the Panasonics  is  switched on.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Astrid1475 

How did you check them?

I suggested that you swap the HDMI cable end in HDMI 3 (eARC) with the cable end in HDMI 2, to see if the working recorder from HDMI 3 still worked properly when connected to HDMI 2 instead, or if the recorder from HDMI 2 started working properly when connected to HDMI 3.

But I don’t know if you have tried this?

However, if the ARC port is the only one that works, and it works with either recorder, then follow @daveyh64‘s advice above to set up all the HDMI ports on the TV properly. Since there is nothing about ARC itself that would explain this; it must just be that this port happens to be configured properly, and the other HDMI ports need to be brought into line.

HDMI 3 (ARC) and HDMI 4 are more capable ports than HDMI 1 and HDMI 2; but this difference only matters if you have a PlayStation 5, and is unlikely to affect how your BluRay recorders perform.

By the way, I can’t claim credit for knowing about how the inactivity timers on the recorders work; just for pointing out that there was one. It was you who figured out the 15 minutes setting would do what you wanted 💐