Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia kd43xg8196bu

profile.country.GB.title
19JED38
New

Sony Bravia kd43xg8196bu

Re. the above TV which worked perfectly on Freeview until I foolishly attempted to upgrade the firm ware, suddenly Youview appeared, attempting to re-arrange channels etc. it asks for my code number, on idea what it is because I have never inserted a code. Recently, whilst viewing  programmes, a signee appears "due to inactivity the tv will shut down, press any button to continue" I do that, but it shuts down anyway.

Basically I want to remove Youview and revert to Freeview.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to do that and thanks in advance.

Emyr Davies.         

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@19JED38 

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/eaep1/v1/en/02-01_05.html#:~:text=To%20enable%2Fdisable%20YouView,Foll....

To enable/disable YouView

1. Press the HOME button, then select [Settings] — [Watching TV] — [Channels] — [Channel setup] — [YouView setup].
  2. Select [Enable YouView] or [Disable YouView], and then select [Yes].
  3. Follow the set-up procedure.

On 2020 sets and later, it is simply a matter of exiting ‘Live & Catchup TV’.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @19JED38, which firmware version is currently installed? Is it 6.7215? Have you tried removing/inserting the aerial, then re-tuning the channels and checking again? Also, if you've followed the above steps to disable YouView and the problem continues, I'd recommend a factory data reset.

profile.country.GB.title
19JED38
New

Piscie.

Thanks for your reply, it looks like a factory re-set is the only solution, I will wait for one of our grandsons to visit, they know far more about these things than I do.

Thanks again. 

profile.country.GB.title
19JED38
New

royabrown2

Thank you for your response, when I click home and select   settings - watching tv - I get - internal inputs, no sign of channels or channel settings.

Conclusion - I will do a factory data reset. 

Thanks again,  

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @19JED38, keep us updated with the result of the factory reset. The channels option is available in the settings list. Make sure you are using the Sony controller, then select Settings - Watch TV - Scroll down to Channels - Channel setup - YouView setup.