Join now - be part of our community!

camera button not functioning..

SOLVED
jart_aziz
Visitor

camera button not functioning..

I love to take pic, but I cant use the camera button to take pic.. As I pressed the button, it only showed the camera is focusing but, no pic is taken..
Please help me solve this..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexrx
Enthusiast

@jart_aziz wrote:
 Is it the setting button on the upper left side of the app..?

Hi there,

Yes it is.

Try the following:

Dial *#*#7378423#*#*>Service Tests>test your camera with camera key.

Also, 

Settings>Apps>All>Camera> Clear Data/Cache> Force Stop+Restar your phone and then try again.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
alexrx
Enthusiast

Hi there,

Try to press and hold the camera button until you hear 2 sounds(clicks)?

Also, do you have: Camera App>Capturing Method( or something like that)>Camera Key Only.

Cheers.

jart_aziz
Visitor

I try to hold the camera button.. I heard the 2clicks sound but no pic snapped.. I use camera that come with xperia c.. No other camera app..
alexrx
Enthusiast

@jart_aziz wrote:
I try to hold the camera button.. I heard the 2clicks sound but no pic snapped.. I use camera that come with xperia c.. No other camera app..

Camera App(main)>Settings>Capturing Method( or something like that)>Camera Key Only.

oldgohar
Visitor

Its hard to press the camera button of xperia c. Not sure if im the only one experiencing this. But i can take a pic. Just press the button and hold when the focus box turns blue press it again.
jart_aziz
Visitor

Hi oldgohar..
I try your method, but still cant snao pic..
Hi alexrx..
I open the camera app, I cant find any capturing method in the setting.. Is it the setting button on the upper left side of the app..?
alexrx
Enthusiast

@jart_aziz wrote:
 Is it the setting button on the upper left side of the app..?

Hi there,

Yes it is.

Try the following:

Dial *#*#7378423#*#*>Service Tests>test your camera with camera key.

Also, 

Settings>Apps>All>Camera> Clear Data/Cache> Force Stop+Restar your phone and then try again.

alexrx
Enthusiast

....If you're still unable to use camera button, repair your software using Sony Update Service

Cheers.

jart_aziz
Visitor

Hi alexrx..
I tried using the service test n another method by deleting cache, restart.. Still the cmera button wont functioning..
If I update using sony update service, do I need to do backup? My OS already 4.2.2
alexrx
Enthusiast

Hi there,

You are definitely have to back up your phone, because your data from internal storage will be deleted during the repair process.

Cheers.