Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-42W653 and Humax Youview

SOLVED
havisham
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-42W653 and Humax Youview

Hello

In the past week, my Humax DTR-T1010 Youview box has started displying in Wide-Zoom mode instead of Full 16:9. 

I have all the TV's inputs set to Full as a common screen setting, but the Humax (on HDMI 1) is always in Wide-Zoom.

This has only just started to happen in the last week, after the Bravia updated itself. 

I can't manage to find the screen settings just for the HDMI input - can anyone point me in the right direction please? It's driving me mad.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Two ways to do this (easiest way is):

1. Ensure that the YouView box is on and is displayed on the screen (ie on the right HDMI input for YouView)
  2. Press the [Sync Menu] button on the remote control
  3. Scroll down to "TV control with the TV remote" and press [OK] on the remote
  4. Use the TV's remote control and press the [HOME] button
  5. Goto Settings > Display > Screen  and then ensure that the details are correct.  If you want all the same settings accross all devices, set Target Inputs to Common and that should be it (assuming that the Common is correct)
  6. Once done, press the [Return] button on the remote control repeatedly until all menus are gone
  7. Press the [Sync Menu] button again.
  8. Scroll down to [Device control by TV remote] to disable the TV control from step 3 above.

Hopefully that should resolve it.  I probably should have created these instructions before hand  :wink:

Cheers

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

When viewing the YouView on HDMI try changing the Screen Settings using the following instructions:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13LW600114/EN/c_picscrn_size.html

You could try setting the Target Inputs to "Common" which is set to all devices/tv (hence all the same settings)

Hope this assists.

Cheers

havisham
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion Quinnicus - when I press the Home button whilst watching the Youview/HDMI 1, nothing happens - I can't actually get to the home screen. Pressing the Options button doesn't do anything either. I've noticed that all of the external inputs are displaying as wide-zoom, so I guess I must have changed something.

I think the Target inputs were Common, but I may have switched away while I was trying to fix the problem - I'll have another go.

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Two ways to do this (easiest way is):

1. Ensure that the YouView box is on and is displayed on the screen (ie on the right HDMI input for YouView)
  2. Press the [Sync Menu] button on the remote control
  3. Scroll down to "TV control with the TV remote" and press [OK] on the remote
  4. Use the TV's remote control and press the [HOME] button
  5. Goto Settings > Display > Screen  and then ensure that the details are correct.  If you want all the same settings accross all devices, set Target Inputs to Common and that should be it (assuming that the Common is correct)
  6. Once done, press the [Return] button on the remote control repeatedly until all menus are gone
  7. Press the [Sync Menu] button again.
  8. Scroll down to [Device control by TV remote] to disable the TV control from step 3 above.

Hopefully that should resolve it.  I probably should have created these instructions before hand  :wink:

Cheers

havisham
Explorer

Thanks again Quinnicus - I would never have found that by myself!

Steve

fogralea
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus

I found your solution for the same problem that I have encountered and only had tv 3 weeks!

I have just followed your instuctions and it seems to have done the job!

Regards

fogralea
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus - I would never have found that by myself!

All sorted now but you would have thought it would have been easier to get to menu!

Fogralea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delayed response, I am glad it works and you're welcome :slight_smile:

Cheers