Join now - be part of our community!

Can I Watch Freeview/Digital on my Vaio PC?

kj4371
Visitor

Can I Watch Freeview/Digital on my Vaio PC?

Hi Guys!

I'm looking for some help with the TV section of Vaio Zone - I've got it all set up so I can watch analogue/terrestrial tv through my PC (that part was easy, I just plugged the aerial cable into the computer instead of into the back of the tv!) but how can I (if it's possible of course) hook up my freeview digi-box so that I can view the freeview channels through my computer as well as BBC1, 2, ITV, C4 with a high-quality digital picture?

I'm sure there's a simple way to do it, but I just can't figure it out and it's driving me mad!

Does it have anything to do with that s-video socket on the side of my pc? [The only sockets in the digibox are 1 for the aerial/antenna, 1 for the power lead, 1 for 'tv out' (to connect it to the tv or computer) and 2 scart sockets (one for tv, one for vcr) and a socket that says SPDIF]

Please help, I'm really stuck!!

Regards,
Karen

4 REPLIES 4
babysmile
Visitor

May i ask what type of vaio PC do you have??

If i'm not mistaken what you have mentioned that u have S-Video Connection ( also should have the Video & Audio input - those which have Yellow, Red and White Connection ). If that case then you can use ur freeview box to plug inside the PC to see the digital channel ( but still not so very digital because you are using the S-Video connection . )

Go to Vaio Zone. there should be a channel for Video Input.. then u have to use your Freeview box tv output ( either S-video or the Yellow, Red White connection to your VAIO PC). You should be able to see those digital pictures .

The socket SPDIF - is for the digital sound. If you have the digital sound system then you might able to use it. but not in your computer.. hehe..

Please let me know if still stuck up.. Remember once u connect your free view box to your PC, you can only change the channel by using ur free view digital box not the Vaio Zone remote control. Simple as that.. :slight_smile:

kj4371
Visitor

I will give that a try. Thank you very much!

sunbeam
Visitor

Hi I have an A417S with analogue tv tuner. Couldn't find a compatible freeview box so I bought a Nebula digitv box - with usb connection. Brilliant - tiny little box - just plugs into a usb port and you get all the channels - good reception too!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

There are now some USB2 freeview cards, just look at Haupagge's website