Join now - be part of our community!

Changing from W1/A517 to VGC-RA304

Deen1990
Visitor

Changing from W1/A517 to VGC-RA304

Hi there

Im a W1 and A517 owner and im thinking to upgrade to a
VGC-RA304 because my w1 cant run any decent games with a 32mb shared graphics card and my a517 runs at 128 and 256 shared and with this new VGC-RA304 I can run it on my television on hdtv but im not sure if i should buy it straight away because i was thinking of waiting for another year for a new model to arrive which will most likely be more powerful and if its worth buying the
VGC-RA304 at £1700.00, you can see its spec at the vaio-link spec page .

Thanks for the help.

From Dean

9 REPLIES 9
William
Visitor

I don't know anything about the specs but the RC range is out now.

DABS

£1239 without monitor.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Deen,

My advice is wait until March April when the price of the RA304 will go down and HDTV will be more popular in the UK

Check out eBuyer.com too

William
Visitor

Deen,

My advice is wait until March April when the price of the RA304 will go down and HDTV will be more popular in the UK

Check out eBuyer.com too

I personally don't believe the price of this high spec machine will drop much further. My own belief is that Sony will just bring out a new model before this happens.

Sony are very good at this :smileygrin:

kee-lo_

My RA104 has dropped by £600 since my grandparents bought it for me

William
Visitor

My RA104 has dropped by £600 since my grandparents bought it for me

You are indeed blessed to have such woderful and generous Grandparents.

and you must have been so well behaved.:smileywink:

I remember my Grandfather promising to buy me a new bicycle if I passed my 11+ exam. In due course I was sent to the bicycle shop to choose the bike of my dreams.

It was such a great experience at 11 years old and something I still remember so many years later.

Deen1990
Visitor

Hi there

Does the dual core prosesser in the RC Series run 64bit?? :thinking:

kee-lo_

Hi there

Does the dual core prosesser in the RC Series run 64bit?? :thinking:

I really hope so for that price!!!

William: yeah they're great, and it was a dream to get it. It's always very exciting when someone gives you something you've always wanted, nevermind the size

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I don't like the RC. And I'm not sure if it makes sence to put a 64Bit Dual Core CPU on a Windows XP Home system, which can only run in 32Bit mode.

I think it's wasting money to buy a RC. A Pentium 630 would the same job is 100€ more cheap than a half Pentium 820. Dual Core in WinXPHome, what a advert gag.

kee-lo_

You're right Seb, you should wait for Vista