Join now - be part of our community!

DISK FORMATTING - URGENT HELP NEEDED

husainz
Visitor

DISK FORMATTING - URGENT HELP NEEDED

hi
my D drive somehow has got really messed up. it says i need to format it but i dont want to loose my work saved on it. plz some1 tell me what to do...this is really urgent. the drive says i can format it, quick format it or enable compression....
any help will be much appreciated
thnx :slight_frown:

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

System restore the d drive to a time before it became a problem and use acronis true image or simply back it up to an external hard drive. I saw a seagate 300gig external HD for £104 at Maplins. Or use dvd disks.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I saw a seagate 300gig external HD for £104 at Maplins. Or use dvd disks.

That's a bargain

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

thnx for the quick reply but when D messed up C got affected as well.. for sum reason there are no system checkpoints. im so worried...plz sum1 help!

Have you checked your system for a virus?

As your C drive is now corrupted as well as your D drive the data you want to backup may also be corrupt. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Can you access any data at all on your D drive?

In the System Restore Wizard was there no system checkpoints at all?

husainz
Visitor

thnx for the quick reply but when D messed up C got affected as well.. for sum reason there are no system checkpoints. im so worried...plz sum1 help!

husainz
Visitor

Have you checked your system for a virus?

As your C drive is now corrupted as well as your D drive the data you want to backup may also be corrupt. :slight_frown:

i have checked my system for a virus..there is nothing...there is nothing reli wrong with my C drive...everything is fine....software internet files - all of it but still thnx for helpin :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

ermm...no and no

Only trying to understand your problem, sorry if the questions seem to obvious for you :slight_frown:

husainz
Visitor

Can you access any data at all on your D drive?

In the System Restore Wizard was there no system checkpoints at all?

ermm...no and no

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: have you read my post on your other thread?