Join now - be part of our community!

DVD burning & Recovery Discs

Polly_aka_simon
Visitor

DVD burning & Recovery Discs

Hello All (am new to this so pls be gentle with me!)

Have set up my new FS415S (similar to another post I was gutted I couldn't get my hands on a 315!). I have the pop up wizard telling me to create my recovery disks (tight-fisted Sony!), but when I followed it, inserting a brand new DVD+RW when prompted, it wouldn't write to it, spat it out and asked for another? I have tried a few others from the same box and no luck. Any ideas / suggestions??? Sony could at least tell the new user step-by-step how to do it if they are going to be as tight-fisted!

So I exited and tried to drag and drop a random file to the DVD drive in Windows, and couldn't seem to get it to write - is there something I need to install to burn to DVD?? Roxio software "Digital Media Home" is pre-installed - do I need it, and if so, what do I do with it?

Many thanks, and look forward to hearing from you,
Simon

5 REPLIES 5
groovygal2k
Visitor

i have a similar problem. i have tried recently to use a cd/dvd on my laptop which is a vgn-fs315m but when i put a disc in the computer doesnt recognise that nethings in it! i tired once as well to burn onto a dvd and it wouldnt work. i have to ring up sony help line themselves and ask. id advise you to do the same if possibe!:smileywink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Simon

You need to use DVD+R not RW
Sony don't want you to overwrite them!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi simon,

Welcome to the Forum. :slight_smile:

Sony could at least tell the new user step-by-step how to do it if they are going to be as tight-fisted!

Here is a link to a basic step-by-step guide. :slight_smile:

Polly_aka_simon
Visitor

Thanks.... but on my second point; how do I write to a DVD+RW within Windows, can I drag & drop files within the standard interface.... or do I need to do / install something special before I can do this???

Many thanks to all peeps for your prompt replies and helpful advice.

Simon :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Nah, you need some sort of software like Nero or RecordNow which usually comes with new VAIOs