Join now - be part of our community!

Geforce Go 6400 - Computer freezes during gameplay -

matitaccia
Visitor

Geforce Go 6400 - Computer freezes during gameplay -

Hello,

I and other users are having troubles gaming on sony notebooks based on GeForce 6400 graphic cards.

Link

I have bought a VGN - S5HP and I can play if I don't use any extra RAM module beside the one which I got when I bought the notebook. In other words: the original configuration has 512mb, the geforce has 128 mb and the games are working. As soon I add a 1 gb ram module, the system gets 1.5gb of RAM where the geforce gets 256 mb and games aren't working anymore. But windows is correctly working.

I have already tried to use other drivers but I doens't help.

Many thanks to anybody.
matitaccia

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the forum,
As graphics cards are fixed in notebooks you have to make a fist of it with what you have got. Vaio driver updates are the only truely compatable choice. All you can do is defragment repeatedly to condition the hardrive and then occassionally so as not to unduly wear out the harddrive and rip the game using alcohol and securom 4 and play it off the harddrive.instead of the optical drive. Also make sure you are clear of spyware with adaware.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :cry: :cry: :slight_frown: :smileygrin: :laughing: :cry: :cry: Sony read here???:smileylaugh: :laughing:

matitaccia
Visitor

Thanks for the answer, I have also the feeling that I have to wait sony in order to have a new driver which fixes my problem.

Is sony reading those forums and messages or not?

Thanks.
matitaccia

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Yes, they read here. But just like......

William
Visitor

Very true Seb :wink:

I tried downloading the latest Intel Graphics driver for my TR5 which is correct, but the net result was my zoom button on the side of the screen no longer works.

Reason - This is a Sony added function so I returned to my original driver.

But then again I don't play games :smileygrin: