Join now - be part of our community!

I Can't Swich My Sony Vaio GRT786M Back On!

TigerDave
Visitor

I Can't Swich My Sony Vaio GRT786M Back On!

Mr notebook was hanging whilst on the internet and the only way I could get it to respond, was to switch it off using the off button. now it will not switch back on! The power light lights up, the DVD drive will open and the fan can be heard working away but nothing else:smileysad: Can anyone help?

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Do you hear the Windows logon sound?
I'm trying to determine if the inverter has died.

TigerDave
Visitor

No I can't hear windows only the fan operating 😞

kee-lo_

It's not booting into Windows then.
Is it still in warranty?

TigerDave
Visitor

:slight_smile: I can confirm that this problem has now been resolved, but only after having to pay for phone support. I had to remove the battery, diconnect the power, remove the extra RAM I had installed when I purchesed the PC. Then I had to hold down the power switch for 20 seconds before plugging the power back in and switchibg on the PC. God knows what this procedure did but it worked? I have now re-install ed the extra RAM and everthing seems to be working fine.

Many thanks for your efforts to help though.

TigerDave

kee-lo_

Ah yeah thats usually one of the first replies we give...

William
Visitor

I can understand part of the procedure, ie removing the battery etc. but I really don't understand why they told you to remove the extra ram that was installed.

William

kee-lo_

Maybe to protect the RAM?

TigerDave
Visitor

Nice Bike William. Bit sporty for though muck prefer my Triumph Tiger 955i :smileygrin: I can't understand why I had to take the extra RAM out, but we tried it first with it in and it didn't work.

If anyone can explain why, I would be interested though. I'm just pleased it was simple to fix.