Join now - be part of our community!

Just bough a new notebook...

TerrorWolf
Visitor

Just bough a new notebook...

Hello,

Today I bought a new Notebook, a SONY VAIO PCG-115B. However, the software is completely in French (which is not my native tongue), and the Operating System is XP Home. (an OS I don't like very much)

So, my question is, can I format the notebook HD and install good old W2K on it without problems ? e.g. hardware signatures that only allow that specific OS to be installed, unsupported devices, etc...

If unsupported devices would be the case, is there a Sony Vaio driver download center site somewhere ?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

So, my question is, can I format the notebook HD and install good old W2K on it without problems ? e.g. hardware signatures that only allow that specific OS to be installed, unsupported devices, etc...

Nope as Sony have XP drivers for the K series.

TerrorWolf
Visitor

In other words, I'll be able to reinstall the system, but all devices will only be supported under WinXP Home or Pro ? In that case, I'll reinstall the system with a Dutch WinXP Pro, and will not have any problems, right?

Tia

mystudio
Visitor

Right, this works. XP Pro is equal to Home, except for extra (security) features............

TerrorWolf
Visitor

ok, thx dudes

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Right, this works. XP Pro is equal to Home, except for extra (security) features............

Mainly networking bits really.