Join now - be part of our community!

Key fallen from a U.S. bought VAIO

xied75
Visitor

Key fallen from a U.S. bought VAIO

Dear everyone,

A friend of mine bought her VAIO from U.S. A key got fallen from the keyboard. Therefore:

1, Can she ring the VAIO-LINK UK to ask for repair? Free? (Machine still in warranty, don't know what kind of warranty.)

2, Is that true VAIO-LINK will only send over 5 keys to let us DIY?

3, If 2 is true, and we can't DIY it, what should we do?

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
dhanwade12
Visitor

Hi,
I have international insurance. but when i contacted vaio insurance, they told customer has to take care of delivery charges. They would deliver only to UK address any part etc. Also if customer want to send laptop for repair, its customer responsibility to send it to UK.
So I suggest get you it clear from your insurance provider or from where you purchased.
Hope this info would help you in your case.

Thanks.

Vas
Visitor

Has she got an Internaional Warranty?
If yes then I think Vaio Link can sort somthing out.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

As it is a US model the warranty will only be valid in the USA or Canada – Sony Europe will not want to know. If your friend has separate accidental damage insurance then this may cover the repair, but you still need to obtain the part which may prove difficult.

If all else fails then you could order a replacement keyboard from here.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
xied75
Visitor

Hi,

My friend and her laptop both now lives in the UK. I have no idea what kind of warranty she has.

Will standard warranty cover the free-fix? I know HP does, laptop bought from Beijing can be fixed here in UK.

Is warranty the same thing as Insurance?

Thanks again!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Maybe Sony US will send the keys?