Join now - be part of our community!

Loose hinges on A217S...?

GazzaBloom
Visitor

Loose hinges on A217S...?

My A217S is 15 months old and the hinges are OK except that in the raised position there's about 10mm loose travel on the screen before it feels firm in either direction (this is hard to explain!)

I've only recently noticed this but can't be sure it hasn't always been the case. Could any other A series owners confirm if this is normal or is it a sign that the hinges are starting to fail?

Any comments would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Gary

3 REPLIES 3
ant1uk
Visitor

most hinges come loose over a amount of time, i noticed it more on my A-series more because the screen is larger and more weight, i dont really notice it now on my S-series beacuse its smaller. but if its really loose i would think about getting it repaired, vaio-link could be expensive though,

wheresmybeaver
Visitor

Yeah its the same on my A217M (about 14 months old). It wasn't like that when I first bought it but now there's small bit of give on the hinge. Not really an issue, as long as it doesn't get any worse!

I heard that somebody on this forum tried to convince Sony Link to "repair it" under warranty, but no luck there.

Like ant1uk says, I'm sure its because of the size and the weight of the screen so I'd say its unavoidable. Its a bloody heavy laptop! :tongue:

Dave

GazzaBloom
Visitor

OK thanks guys - it doesn't seem to be getting any worse and as you say it's not really noticeable when working...I'll leave alone unless it gets worse.

Gazza