Join now - be part of our community!

lost cd-rom drive

nickie660
Visitor

lost cd-rom drive

:cry: Please help,lost my cd/dvd its there but states its not, tried troubleshooting but nothing,ive looked for the error code,found them but only up to 32.On my device manager it says the prob is code error 37,any1 any ideas,also about the time i lost it my sister tried conecting her phone 2 computer,since then only my C and D drive show up and i think the memory stick is now showing instead of cd,im quiet new so if sound dumb please excuse,i just want my cd/dvd back....Any-one......:smileyconfused: Lost cd-rom Drive.....please help........

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi nickie660 and welcome to the forum.

If Device Manager is reporting an error code of 37 then it is probably a registry problem. I recommend that you backup your registry before proceeding, have a look here if you are unfamiliar with this.

Then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat