Join now - be part of our community!

Matshita UJ-820D

IsLondonCalling
Visitor

Matshita UJ-820D

Hi, I have just bought a A115Z, and everything is fine except for one thing, i can not play some audio CDs. They are normal audio CDs, not CD-Rs, but when i put them in the drive i get a load of noises for half a minute then nothing, and it does not think theres a CD in there. Any ideas?

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
tellingd
Visitor

What CD's exactly are we talking about here - are they copyright protected in any way?

kee-lo_

Ugh, the amount of complaints about the A series is starting to creep up. Puts me off.

As DT said, is it Copy Control :devil: I really hate DRM

IsLondonCalling
Visitor

one of the cds is, but the rest are just bog standard cd audios. Its weird becuase they work fine on other laptops and pcs

kee-lo_

What are you using to play them?
Windows Media Player, iTunes?

IsLondonCalling
Visitor

nothing, becuase when you put the cd in it comes up with nothing, you try and explore the drive and its blank

kee-lo_

Really?
Try Windows Media Player and see if anything does happen.

IsLondonCalling
Visitor

i have, iTunes, Real player none of them work becuase they all think there is no CD in the drive.

kee-lo_

Oh I see.

Go to VAIO-Link and see if there's a firmware update

IsLondonCalling
Visitor

yeah, tried that. The problem is that its a Panasonic drive, not only a panasonic drive, but a panasonic drive that panasonic has forgotten about, there is no support for this model whatsoever, no updated firmware nothing, why cant sony put there own drives in there own laptops?