my computer wont start up please help

yeah um title sez it all

7 REPLIES 7
William
Visitor

Its a desktop. any problems beforehand?

liveinadive
Visitor

yeah its a desktop one of the ones with monitor n keyboard attcahed to main computer.

basicaly i switch it on n it starts with the light red instead of green and the fan goin mental, its happened before n i could get it started by repeatedly switching it on and off but now that doesnt even work. got it started last nite and have cleared it of viruses, ad/spyware etc then shut it down and have been trying to start it up again all day.

William
Visitor

Sorry if I sound condescending but how attached?

Is the computer integrated into the back of the monitor? or are the keyboard and monitor just connected by wires?

Do you know which model of Vaio you have?

If it is an ordinary desktop/Tower I would suggest you gain access to the computer's innards and clean all fans and vents that you can see.

Then try again.

William
Visitor

Sounds like a diagnosis from your friendly neighbourhood Computer shop is needed I am afraid.

Unless of course its still under warranty.

liveinadive
Visitor

its like literaly attached

cant really get inside of computer as its not a standard tower kinda thing

liveinadive
Visitor

cheers for ur help managed to get it started, dunno wat was goin on, think it may ave been 2 hot as there is a radiator opposite side of the wall to it, woops, atleast i hope its that and it doesnt happen again

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi liveinadive,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

like William said it's worth checking that the air vents you can get access to are clear.