Join now - be part of our community!

NEED VGN-FS285H DRIVERS

Rude_boiy
Visitor

NEED VGN-FS285H DRIVERS

Recently recieved spyware, reformatted the computer only to find i have lost the drivers cd. I have installed xp pro but need the drivers. After browsing through the vaio preinstalled drivers site i found the drivers were still missing. Can any 1 help ? Does any1 have all the drivers that come pre-installed and can you send them to me?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

What are you missing in the way of drivers Rude-boiy? You should find all that is necessary from the pre-installed drivers and, just as importantly, the pre-installed utilities.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Rude_boiy
Visitor

Thankyou for your quick reply

I have taken all the drivers off the vaio support site for my model but this has not been usefull. Could it be because i am now running on windows XP pro instead of the usual windows XP home edition.
I am missing these drivers:

Ethernet controller
Mass storage controller
Network Controller
PCI device
SM bus controller
Video Controller ( VGA Compatible )

I also need the vaio launcher software the laptoop came with

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have you tried installing SP2 prior to installing the drivers?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Rude_boiy
Visitor

i will try that but dont u think i need the original driver cd

Rude_boiy
Visitor

i have put sp2 package and i have been able to install some of the drivers i downloaded off the vaio support site however i am still missing the following drivers

- Ethernet Controller
- Mass Storage Controller
- Video Controller ( VGA Compatible )

The other drivers i have taken off the vaio site do not have setup files
attached to them
I appreciate all your help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

The other drivers i have taken off the vaio site do not have setup files

Either right click the .inf file and select install or update the driver via Device Manager and point the wizard at the folder contaning the inf file for that device.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Dilirius
Visitor

I had the same Problem a few month ago. It took me some time to find all drivers I need.

The Massstorage driver, Modem Driver and Touchpad Driver are the only one you need from Sony.

Network -> http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=407〈=eng

(It's a driver for a desktop adapter. But dont take care about that. it works fine ;))

Mass Storage -> Sony Support Site. Download it under "Presinstalled drivers"

Videocontroler -> www.laptopvideo2go.com

A litte site with lots of nice coders and tweakers with offer the normale nvidia forceware drivers for Laptops. Not WHQL certified but who cares.

I can send you links to all drivers you need for your vaio, if you want to do a clean and fresh installation from a seperatre, none recovery XP-CD. Just email me unter dilirius@dark-echoes.de

Greetz

Dilirius

Rude_boiy
Visitor

darius

Thank for the network controller- seeems to work.
the other controllers are not doing anything for me?

Can u suggest anything else?

Rude_boiy
Visitor

i dont seem to have any luck with the other drivers u explain about even after- the network driver is now fine
Thankyou