Join now - be part of our community!

pcg-v505dp screen

jr2xyz
Visitor

pcg-v505dp screen

hi, i have broken the screen of my sony vaio pcg-v505dp and have been quoted £500 for a replacement. that is more i can afford at the moment and was hoping someone could recommend someplace where i could purchase a replacement screen for less than that. (im based near manchester in the uk)

secondly, i'm having trouble finding the part number of the screen (the model isn't listed on the spare parts websites) and was wondering perhaps someone with the same laptop would be able to help me.

finally, is this regarded as the main sony vaio forum or is there an unofficial one with more postings - the lack of a search button kinda limits its usefulness

many thanks in advance

jr_xyz@yahoo.co.uk

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

You could try asking this at www.vaiovillage.com where people play more with the internals of their VAIOs

TygerTyger
Visitor

A search wouldnt have helped anyway as I don't recall seeing a similar post.....£500 is really not that bad compared to what screens for the newer models would cost. You might beat it, but not by much.

kee-lo_

I have to agree with Tyger, £500 is good for a screen on a notebook, still it's expensive for a breakage.

jr2xyz
Visitor

ok, thanks guys...i'm not sure what the average price for a screen was but if its £500 then that is way out of my budget for the moment at least

CleanBurn
Visitor

I had a 3yr old PCG-GR114MK - the hinges suddenly went solid - I lubricated them a few times which eased the problem but eventually the right hand hinge smashed. I now use it as a desktop on the works network - it runs fine but I cannot move the screen. I considered a repair but decided against it. I now have a VGN-A195EP & all seems well so far.

kee-lo_

Did you not take off the bessel and check the screws?