Join now - be part of our community!

Pixel Problem on Screen .

EyeDE
Visitor

Pixel Problem on Screen .

Hello,

I¿ve had my new Vaio laptop for just over a week now, I am really pleased with it apart from it has two bad pixels on the screen. :slight_frown:

It has one pixel locked on 50mm in and 50mm up from the bottom, and one dead pixel centre of the screen 40mm from the top. The dead pixel I can live with, the ¿always on¿ pixel is driving be mad.:smileycry:

I know there is usually a number of pixels that have to be faulty before the manufacturer will repair it, but I can¿t find what Sony¿s policy is? Can any one help me out? :smileygrin:

Thanks.

EyeDE.

14 REPLIES 14
nick_pan
Visitor

may be wrong but its something outrageous like a cluster of 15-20 dead pixels..

this issue was brought up a few weeks ago...you'll have to confirm with Kee-lo though..

1 or 2 dead pixels and sony wont even consider changing it

TygerTyger
Visitor

7 pixels rings a bell though that might be another manufacturer. Certainly 2 will not get you a repair and I do feel for you because it would drive me bananas. Just hope it starts flickering so they have to replace it.

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

I think Sony claim all of their displays meet ISO13406-2 - there is a page courtesy of iiyama which explains the standard. See this link

William
Visitor

Rob,

Thats scary reading, perhaps I don't look hard enough but of the three screens I have, I have not noticed any any defective pixels.

Maybe I should look harder but I would like to think if things are bad enough to be noticed I would notice.

My heart goes out to anyone affected where it is noticeable but still within accepted tolerances.

William

robpaxton
Explorer

I've been lucky with all the computers I have - none have any faulty pixels. I can imagine how horrible it is to have an always on pixel in the centre of the screen :slight_frown:

kee-lo_

Yes I have been lucky too.
As a few people have said Sony won't do anything for 2 pixels :slight_frown:
Sucks doesn't it?

kevwright
Visitor

There is no way I would accept this mate, do you not have a returns period with the retailer?

If not, I would still take it back and claim it is faulty.

Failing everything else, maybe it needs to "go wrong" in another area, then the retailer has to replace or refund 🙂

Kev

kee-lo_

ROFLMFAO, be careful now though, they can tell if you did it.

TygerTyger
Visitor

Oh man don't we hav enough of the world screwing people other without trying it ourselves? It's a bummer of a problem but it's no different from on company to the next.