Join now - be part of our community!

Pixel Problem on Screen .

EyeDE
Visitor

Pixel Problem on Screen .

Hello,

I¿ve had my new Vaio laptop for just over a week now, I am really pleased with it apart from it has two bad pixels on the screen. :slight_frown:

It has one pixel locked on 50mm in and 50mm up from the bottom, and one dead pixel centre of the screen 40mm from the top. The dead pixel I can live with, the ¿always on¿ pixel is driving be mad.:smileycry:

I know there is usually a number of pixels that have to be faulty before the manufacturer will repair it, but I can¿t find what Sony¿s policy is? Can any one help me out? :smileygrin:

Thanks.

EyeDE.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Oh man don't we hav enough of the world screwing people other without trying it ourselves? It's a bummer of a problem but it's no different from on company to the next.

Couldn't agree more - thats why prices go up.

ZyRaIN
Visitor

Hi,

Personally I dont get the point of the big tema about pixel fault on lcd screens, I think that the screens should be replaced if there are ANY faults on them, I think that it is weird that you have to be lucky when you by a computer for a lot of money if it hasent got any bad pixels, i've been lucky with my A117s thou it hasent got any faults, but my 17" lcd screen I use on my stationary computer has just got one for about 1 week ago, but it dosent bother me.

Hoping for you that there may come some more so you can get it changed, otherwise just learn to live with it.

Sincerely
ZyRaIN

kee-lo_

Specially if there's only 2, you might as well enjoy the laptop.

EyeDE
Visitor

Thanks for the advice everyone, and sympathy :slight_smile:

I¿ve sent an email to Sony tech, and detailed my problem. I¿ll wait and see what they say. I thought it was worth a try, all they can say is No, sorry, but you never know, I might get lucky :smileygrin:

I¿ll let you know what the response is.

Cheers everyone.

-EyeDE-

kee-lo_

Best of luck with that...