Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with my Vaio laptop DVD RW

Aklas
Visitor

Problem with my Vaio laptop DVD RW

Hi I have sony vaio vgn-fj1z/w laptop...with integrated wd-q58a optical drive....when I trying to wach movie picture and soun is very suppressive, Ihave tryed lot of software but it is not helpd me...And my optical drive is reading data CDs suppressive too...

Waiting for some suggestion

4 REPLIES 4
Windmill
Visitor

Me too. I don't think I can help you with your problem, but mine is similar. My Vaio is an S4XP with a Matshita UJ-832D dual layer DVD/CD +/- R/RW drive. I've noticed that just recently playback is very broken and very s-l-o-w (like about 0.75x). Once it has read a part of the movie file it play at normal speed. It's almost like it needs to read it first before it will play it at normal speed.

I've just installed Nero 6 (and had to uninstall iTunes - to avoid conflicts). Could that be the problem? If so why? And how to fix it?

Thanks folks
!:smileyconfused:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I have iTunes and Nero working in harmony, what error did you get Dave?

Windmill
Visitor

I didn't actually get an error message but Nero just completely locked up. I wasn't sure if it was iTunes that was causing the problem, but when I un-installed it, Nero was fine. QED.

However I was also having problems with playback speed on the DVD drive in my S4XP (a Mashita UJ832 unit). Looked elsewhere in this forum and found that there was a driver update available - downloaded it and that has cured that problem.

I haven't tried it yet but that might also have been at the root of the problem with Nero and iTunes, so I'll have a go at re-installing iTunes and see if they can work together. Keep you posted!

Cheers.

Windmill
Visitor

Hi Aklas - there is a new driver for the Matshita UJ832 / 840 DVD drive and this cured the problem for me. Try it. Got it from the Vaio updater icon in the sys tray.