Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Radeon Mobility 9200

lecvh
Visitor

Problem with Radeon Mobility 9200

Hello there,

I've got another question to the Radeon Mobility 9200 card (sorry). I bought a Vaio PCG k215z last week and had a look at sony's update page. There I found new driver for the graphics card which fixes suppositly a problem with direcDraw . I installed it and try to run dxdiag. Unfortunately the 3d acceleration seems to be not supported now. Wether this has to do with new dirver or not I can't see but it says in the Note section that direct3d 9+ is not available because the display driver does not support it. Does anybody have any idea how to fix this problem? I can't find any additional drivers on the sony webpage. My sceen resolution is 1280 X 800.

Thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

DirectX 9 is usually supported by the hardware rather than the software.

TygerTyger
Visitor

It should work with directx 9, go to microsofts website and download the latest directx version. Then try again. I'm not 100% on this but isn't your maximum screen resolution supposed to be 1024x768?

lecvh
Visitor

The maximum resolution is 1280x 800. Actually I found a way to the test direct X. Apparently it has to do with the screen resolution. I borrowed a monitor from someone which recuded the resolution automatically to 1024x768 and then I was able to test the 3d acceleration. However when I reduce the resolution on my notebook to 1024x786 it still comes up the message directx3 is not supported by display driver. I just wonder whether this is only a problem with the testing tool in directx which can't cope with the unsual resolution or whether I am not able to play 3d games on the LCD screen now?

kee-lo_

You should be able to play 3D games with the LCD.
I would just try and see what happens.

lecvh
Visitor

Well I'll better get a 3d game and check it out that way rather than worrying about the directx.

Cheers.

kee-lo_

Try downloading a demo rather than pay for something.