Join now - be part of our community!

Problems/breakdown with Vaio vgn fs315e

McTag
Visitor

Problems/breakdown with Vaio vgn fs315e

Hello all.

Just recently bought myself an fs315e laptop and was perfectly happy with it until it spontaneously broke down after 5 days use. It began having problems loading the internet, itunes, msn, etc. Then got worse when it suddenly wouldn't accept my 90 days subscription to norton internet security that came with it, even though on the norton menu, it clearly said i had until april. As a result it reverted back to the previous set of updates, i.e. none and so i fear i then became vulnerable to viruses.
After attempting to sort it out, by returning it to factory settings, which became the last resort, it failed even to compete that and crashed again. After repeated attempts it then would just load onto an MS-Dos type screen stating: "error loading operating system...".

Sorry for the long description, but i was just wondering whether anyone else had had simliar problems, since the guy who came to pick it up when i returned it said that he had picked up a few of them already.

Anyone similarly distraught with a failing fs315e?

Cheers, McTag.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Wierd
I wonder if it's a hard disk failure?

McTag
Visitor

Yeah on return to ebuyer they checked it out and that is what they concluded too. Seems strange to me to be honest, i have a feeling it could have been a problem with the production line of laptops mine was on, if there were others returned. Looks like i'll have to find another now, but eBuyer no longer stock it at all:smileycry:! Though i think i'll still go for a vaio, i trust that all of Sony's won't do the same! (I hope for their sake at least as well as mine...)

kee-lo_

It can happen during shipping too.
You could try savastore.com, they're really good

McTag
Visitor

Yeah they have the model in stock, but i have heard very mixed reviews about them.
Otherwise theres the fs415b that has 1.73ghz processor and 2 gb cache as opposed to the 1.6 and 1 of the fs315e respectively, for £80 more.
I really liked the fs315e so id rather still get a vaio. do you know if the fs415b is worth it?

kee-lo_

I got my GRX there, it's 3 years old now.

I'd go for the best you can afford.
Have you tried John Lewis? They extend the warranty from a year to 3 for free