Join now - be part of our community!

RC-102 hangs over 1 Minute at VAIO-Boot Logo

thoraxx
Visitor

RC-102 hangs over 1 Minute at VAIO-Boot Logo

Hi there,
just got my RC-102 at the begin of this year and every time I boot it hangs for over a minute displaying the VAIO logo. I can't turn the logo off to see the POST messages to see where the machine hangs.

I just don't want to send the whole machine to the support just for that problem. Can't reflash bios, because none is available.
Default settings testet, detaching IDE devices testet, uninstalled one of both RAM modules after the other, scanning for RAID devices seems to make no trouble, these messages could be turned on in bios.

Anyone has an idea?????

Pleeeze!
thoraxx

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Try to Reset your VAIO. Maybe this helps.

There is a tiny hole of the button of your VAIO. That's the Reset button.
Take needle or something like that and press the button.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The desktops don't have that Seb

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You could try creating a boot log, but as this appears to be happening before Windows starts to load I am not sure that it will provide any relevant information, worth a try though.

Click Start > Run and type msconfig in the Open dialog box, click ok. On the Boot.ini tab check the /BOOTLOG box, click apply and exit. Re-boot and have a look in C:\Windows for ntbtlog.txt, look for any failure messages. If you do find anything of interest this MS article may be of help or Google the failure message.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Igloocharlie
Visitor

Ensure that fastboot is enabled in BIOS.

Possible try opening case, locate bios battery (looks like a watch battery) emove it carefully and leave for half an hour (obviously have pc switched of at plug to drain all power) this will reset the CMOS and hopefully fix the problem.

Good luck