Join now - be part of our community!

vaio internal microphone problem

ticktock
Visitor

vaio internal microphone problem

I am having problems getting sound or volume to register through my internal microphone. I can use external plugged in devices such as headset and microphone and they communicate fine. However, my speakers on the vaio work fine but the inbuilt microphone does not. I wish to use video communication which I am already doing with a fellow vaio laptop user and be able to communicate without the headset and microphone attachment. I am can listen to the conversation via my inbuit speakers but the other party cannot hear me as my internal microphone is not working effectively (or even at all). Surely there must a setting that needs to be adjusted? I have adjusted volume levels on microphone settings but the 'wizard' states that the sound recording is not loud enough and does not pick up any sound at all. HELP!!! I am going insane with this...

8 REPLIES 8

which Vaio model are you using, as it may help to narrow down and also to find out if fellow users of the same Vaio model are also having problems

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi
I believe the model no is PCG-K195HP or there is another number underneath PCG9P6M. Should the microphone work without plugging in an external microphone? I am very confused as other vaio users have the abiity to communicate without the need to use microphone plug ins.
Thanks for your help

Are you sure that your model has an internal microphone, as i can see any reference to one in the PCG -K Specs or user manual:smileyconfused:

ticktock
Visitor

Hi
I believe the model no is PCG-K195HP or there is another number underneath PCG9P6M. Should the microphone work without plugging in an external microphone? I am very confused as other vaio users have the abiity to communicate without the need to use microphone plug ins.
Thanks for your help

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Chris,

ticktock stated that she already has an external microphone :smileygrin: but thanks for the input :slight_smile:

Hello ticktock :slight_smile:

I'm sorry to say but Thalamus is correct in assuming your model does NOT have a microphone inbuilt into your laptop. To use your voice on your Vaio you shall need to purchase an external microphone that will plug into the 3.5mm microphone input on your Vaio.

Hope that solves your problem, the reason you can't hear your voice through the microphone, is because there is no microphone! :smileyblush:

ticktock
Visitor

:smileyblush: OH HOW EMBARRASSING!! I am having blonde moments ..... I always thought I had internal microphone. Thank you for your information. It has saved me from more wasted time in looking through the computer settings.
Cheers!! :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

:smileyblush: OH HOW EMBARRASSING!! I am having blonde moments ..... I always thought I had internal microphone. Thank you for your information. It has saved me from more wasted time in looking through the computer settings.
Cheers!! :slight_smile:

You're welcome ticktock :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The new models have it (late 2005)