Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGC-V3S Network down after waking from sleep mode !!

picman
Visitor

Vaio VGC-V3S Network down after waking from sleep mode !!

Hi Vaio club. Here is the situation. Brand new VGC-V3S attatched to netgear Dg384GT router. When the system wakes from sleep, the network icon has red cross saying cable disconnected. The network port on the dg834 is up. There is no connectivity between the router and the Vaio.(Cable is in) Try to shut system down from this point and it stalls. There is some disk activity but it never closes down properly forcing a power button hold to get it to go down. On reboot everything is working.

Any body seen this before

ps hope I have posted in the correct forum

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Take a look at VAIO Link for driver updates.

picman
Visitor

Did that already. There is no driver update just 33meg download of pre installed drivers which we already have on the recovery partiton and disks. Did not want to go for recovery yet as its only 3 days out of the box.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

I would contact VAIOLink. That sounds for me like a software problem.

Piskie
Visitor

I have just posted a similar thread re my new VGC V3S.

If the pc is left on for any periods of time without being used and programs running OR I leave it in hibernation mode.... I almost always return to find that a program (normally IE but now outlook instead sometimes) has become unresponsive and even able to shut down via Task Manager.. it jsut freezes. If I try and shut windows down everything ceases working becauses its trying to shut down and cant shut the problem priogram down. I too have to turn power on/off to resolve this.

Let me know if this sounds similar prob to you and if you manage to resolve. I may phone dealer later today.

Em

William
Visitor

Maybe I am going mad, but I looked on Vaio Link for the V3 in a vain attempt to help.

I could only find the V1 :slight_frown:

OK its "new" but I am sure Rich mentioned in another thread that the V4 is on its way.

Whatever the cause it needs sorting by Sony. Maybe it will be a simple solution but until then no comfort for those suffering.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Maybe I am going mad, but I looked on Vaio Link for the V3 in a vain attempt to help.I could only find the V1

It is there William, keep going right to the end of the dropdown - in the VGC models.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
William
Visitor

Maybe I am going mad, but I looked on Vaio Link for the V3 in a vain attempt to help.I could only find the V1

It is there William, keep going right to the end of the dropdown - in the VGC models.

You are right [:">] I was looking in the wrong "V" series.

picman
Visitor

Hi Piskie, yes those symptoms are exactly the same. Once it has come out of sleep mode and the network has lost connectivity, going in to task manager to do a shutdown just causes it to get bogged down trying to end some process, which it never does. Sometimes all the desktop icons dissappear , on another occasion you may get the windows is shuting down screen but it never gets rhere forcing a power button hold.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I seem to remember, from a while back, that some Vaio's exhibited the same symptoms due to a screensaver problem. This may have no relevance to your problem but it may be worth disabling the screen saver to see whether this has any effect.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat